Sunday 13 July 2008

Introduction

The Shredder Project is a personal health plan that I have decided to undertake. I am hoping that I can sustain this plan for the rest of my life and at 43 years of age I feel that living a healthy lifestyle will at least give me a fighting chance to be able to walk to my grave rather than be carried to it, of course there are no guarantees.

In around 4 weeks time I will become a Dad for the first time, a massive life changing experience so staying fit and healthy for my Son is another driving factor.

They say that starting is the hardest part and I know this to be true; however, sustaining the plan is equally hard. I am not new to living healthily, the day after Christmas 2006 I set myself on a similar journey in search of my six pack, after a year I had unwrapped 4 of the blighters. Sadly they have submerged themselves again, under layers of fat.

On the 25th of October 2007 I moved to Jakarta, Indonesia which effectively ended my training regime, I fell off the wagon so to speak and began stuffing junk food like there was no tomorrow. I can now admit that my year of solid training and eating healthily was a great failure.

I have decided to keep a blog of my next attempt as a way of staying accountable, I am also setting myself a tough goal, the first mission; Mission One, will be to unwrap my six pack in 12 weeks, I will shred my body fat index down from 30% to under 10% so on Tuesday the 6th of October, a total of 85 days, I will have a six pack at 43.

This new attempt, after so many failures, has been inspired by Adam Waters whose own blog, “Adam Waters Real Time Physique Transformation” had a lot to do with getting back on the wagon. Thanks Adam and keep on Shredding.

1 comment:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Mark, welcome aboard mate! You will be in the Shredder blog Roll today, shred on man!
Adam