Sunday 13 July 2008

The day before D-Day

Apart from my main goal of "unwrapping" (I like to call it unwrapping as it will be the best Birthday and Christmas present I can give myself) and developing my well hidden Abs I am also aiming to tone and strengthen my entire body in the process, I think I will look a total freakoid if the only thing chiselled out is a six pack while the rest of me looks like Captain Love Grabs.

I could attempt the entire weight training part of mission 1 at home using anything to hand as a form of exercise apparatus but I prefer the gym environment so the first thing I must do is look for a local gym. I happen to know that within the complex grounds where I live, Pesona Khayangan in Depok, there is a Health Club so I will go there today and scope the joint out, join the gym and be ready for an early start at 7am for my first session of mission one.

The other thing I can do is take my before photographs and in the style of any good cooking show, “Here’s some I prepared earlier!” One thing I am NOT going to try changing is the tone of my skin, I am white and pasty and that’s that! I have tried in the past to get a tan but all I go is lobster pink or I get sun burn. I don’t want skin cancer like my old man developed, bless his cotton socks and rest in peace, Pops. There are those who tan and those who are ginger, I am happy to stay errmmm, white and interesting?





















In preparation for mission 1 I have stopped drinking alcohol completely, I am toying with the idea of stopping my intake of milk and other dairy products, which in truth is extremely light as it is, after I have read more on the subject of NUTRITION, I will then make my final decision before wednesday of week 1 of mission 1.

Of course all fast food is now off the menu, but having said that I am not going to go totally clean for the whole 12 weeks because I don't believe you have to. When I made it to my four pack during my first attempt, I kept myself sane by having a treat at the weekend, by Monday I was still shredding fat.

The reason I have gained so much now is because over night I stopped all forms of excersise for about 10 months. Considering my day job keeps me sat in front of a computer all day, well I am not at all suprised that I shot back up to my orginal weight and shape before I started my first attempt to get a six pack, way back at Christmas 2006.

Another thing that I abuse on a nightly basis is not getting to bed before midnight. I would often still be working or wasting time until 3 or 4 am in the morning. This has got to stop! I would lose count of the times my Mother would tell me "Every hour before midnight is golden any hour after is lead." I actually believe this is true so I will be getting up at 6am and getting to bed before 12pm on week days. I think some research on this matter is required, I will let you know what I find out in my next post.

Oh! One more thing before I close. Think posture..Think positive posture. As you can see from my photos I need to work on that, I call it the curse of sitting down for hours on end. I will be addressing that issue too.

Until next time

"Shredding is for Life, not just for Christmas!"

Regards

Mark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
I am 43 too and tommorrow I have set myself a similar D-day, start of a 100 day program to lose weight, quit smoking and drinking, living healthier and unwrapping like you put it so poetically.
Just stumbled on your site while looking for inspiration.
I am looking forward to read more from you as you progress and wish you the best of luck.
best regards,
Renaat

KaliLilla.com said...

Hey Mark,

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the Shredder Blogroll. Sounds like you know what you want & how to get it. I'm confident you will reach your goal. Shred on!

Love, Lil

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Glad to see you on the blog role today. Good luck on your mission. Count on me to cheer you on.

Buffedstuff said...

Hello Mark,
This is an awesome quest you about about to embark upon. I see you know what you need to do. Do it well and have a great week:)

Marbella said...

Hi Mark,
Just saw that you are now on the blogger roll, and want to welcome you in the group with us. I read that you are from Indonesia, so am in awe of you being the first in the group from that part of the world. So glad to have you. Love that saying by your mamá about getting to bed early. She´s so right! Will be by often to visit. Glad you are with us.
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro

Just saw the pics of your 'good living lump'. Oh how I remember those days of sweat and grunting in my gym to carve out your first 6 pack. Good luck on your quest again to get your abs back. If you work as hard as we did together in the UK to get you in shape then it won't be long. Game on fellow shredling... Dave, your physical terror instructor.