Wednesday 23 July 2008

Mission 1. Day 9.

What a day I have had yesterday! I managed to get my cardio work in first thing but had no chance to get my weights work out in for the evening. What with family visits and Jakarta traffic, they all conspired against me and prevented me from reaching the gym before it closed, at least I managed to stick to my nutrition routine. I did bash out sets of press-ups throughout the day when I was able to so the day wasn’t a total loss.

Today however I got back home with an hour to spare before the gym shut for the night, I had my first real mental battle, the ride back from the family’s home was extremely long due to the rush hour traffic, it was hot in and out of the car, the kind of heat that makes you want to sleep and do nothing else.

When we eventually reached home, I was ready to hit the sack, I felt drained physically and mentally, it was a real struggle but I won out in the end and had a great cardio work out, mixing some light weight work in with my running. The lethargy vanished during my stroll down and I kept thinking to myself how easy it is to give in.

I am working at home tomorrow, no excuses!

Regards Mark
"Shredding is for life, not just for Christmas!"

1 comment: