Tuesday 15 July 2008

Mission 1. Day 2

Hi Friends

I woke up at 6am on the dot, allowed myself a 15 minute lay in before getting up and making some porridge and a cup of green tea. At 7.15 I set off to the gym. When I opened the front door I discovered a team of road workers tarmacing the road surface, I love that smell. The gym was quite busy for that time in the morning but I guess it’s the only time for people to get some exercise in before they go off to work, the traffic is so bad in Jakarta that a 3 mile journey can take a hour or longer sometimes.

At 7.30 the tread mill became available and I began my 20 minute run. I still could not manage the full 20 mines without 3 walking breaks, by next week I hope to be able to make it. After the run I banged out 3 sets of 30 mountain climbers followed by a light abs workout. I warmed down by walking home at an easy pace.

I've already noticed my metabolism is starting to kick into a higher gear because after a cold shower I start to drip sweat again, that normally didn't happen when I wasn't exercising. At 10am I had a fist sized portion of my soup and chunks of Ayam (chicken). I am going to be out and about with the family for the rest of the day so I have made enough to feed me throughout the day, I can't eat the food the family eats, it’s like sucking on a volcano!

My body hurts from the weight session yesterday but I am so looking forward to the leg session tomorrow.

Thanks so much again for your comments, it really means a lot to me as I find training alone quite hard, especially when it comes to pushing myself that extra mile. Knowing you guys are there, keeping an eye on me is like having a gang of invisible training partners.

Bye for now

Mark

"Shredding is for life, not just for Christmas!"

3 comments:

Michael said...

Mark, great job. I also train alone. Sometimes it is very difficult to motivate yourself but having accountability partners watching our every move is motivation in and of itself.

juli gets happy said...

Yes, I train alone mostly as well. Someone I run with my partner or a group but mostly I am on my own.

The accountability partners here help a lot,

keep on running.

Juli

Anonymous said...

Looking good mate. Promise me once you've sorted out your body you'll sort out your underwear drawer! Glad to see you're doing the 'Minute Madness' (wonder what the laws are on plagiarism over there). "Train hard... for tomorrow we dine in hell" Dave