Friday 1 August 2008

Mission 1. Day 18.

Greetings Shredlings

It's been 5 days since my last post. I am now staying with my wife at her parents’ home as it is close to the hospital should the baby decide to pop out, well in about 8 days he will so this is a better option over fighting with the Jakarta traffic, while my wife gives birth on the back seat.

I have no gym that’s under 3 hours from the house and my home gym is at....home. So all I can do is use anything that’s laying about Mum and Dad’s place. I did manage to squeeze my dumbbell set into the boot of the car with all the other stuff that my wife would argue was more important :-)

So for the next 2 weeks at the most, I am forced into "do it yourself" work outs. (opposed to someone does it for you workouts???) I am mostly concentrating on eating healthy and as much cardio as I can do around the home. They have 3 levels to the house so I run up and down them carrying a bag with weights in. That really gets the heart pumping.

I am determined to keep losing while I am away from the comfort of my local gym. This will be a good test of my resolve.

Bye for now

Mark
"Shredding is for life, not just for Christmas!"

3 comments:

Ron said...

Hey, mate, there are quite a few resources on bodyweight exercises on the net which you can try while you're away from the gym. This article from Men's Fitness may be worth a try.

Funny line there about "someone does it for you" workouts, hehe.

Anonymous said...

HI Mark, I hope the wife has a smooth delivery. there is lots to do with body weight exercises. hopefully you can find something that challenges you!
take care and hope things go well with the delivery. keep us updated.

Michael said...

Mark, first, wife and baby come first. Second, body weight exercises! Look them up!